This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing industry and assess the risks embedded in M&A transactions from an insurance perspective. We are seeking a talented and ambitious Analyst to join our Manhattan-based team. You will apply your legal skills and critical thinking daily in a fast-paced and energetic entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate is a motivated and focused self-starter who is highly organized and able to efficiently handle multiple work streams on demanding timelines. We offer a flexible, results-oriented work environment and the opportunity to be an integral member of a quickly expanding and highly regarded team that’s focused on building an industry-leading organization. The Analyst will be continuously exposed to the M&A process, and through his/her work will gain a keen understanding of transactional risk insurance, deal structure, dynamics of an M&A process, and key legal responsibilities and transaction documents within a deal.
- Assist and work closely with senior underwriters throughout the entire underwriting process.
- Manage and organize incoming submissions from insurance brokers in a timely manner.
- Track deal progress through online database for internal organization.
- Analyze new deals and assess key risks; provide initial recommendations and brief senior underwriters on key submission details and assist in prioritizing tasks.
- Draft, prepare, and manage key insurance documentation during underwriting.
- Coordinate across transaction work streams with internal team, outside counsel, subject matter advisors, and clients throughout the underwriting process.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on a small team.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Highly focused, detail-oriented, and organized – driven to complete tasks and responsibilities on a given timeline without supervision.
- Critical-thinker with the capacity and desire to learn how businesses operate across various industries. Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to intelligently prioritize and complete tasks.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and execute “next steps” in a prudent manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, legal memos, and other due diligence reports.
- 1-4 years’ experience at a law firm, investment bank, accounting firm, and/or consulting firm would be a strong plus for any candidate, but not necessary for consideration.
- Good sense of humor
VALE Insurance Partners is a managing general underwriter that focuses on writing transactional risk insurance products and placing the risk with our sponsoring insurance carriers. We help insurers by providing the technical expertise needed to access unique and specialized markets in a controlled and efficient manner. VALE, in conjunction with our highly-rated insurance carriers, delivers superior service to brokers and clients needing effective solutions to the complex risks inherent in M&A transactions. VALE has the authority to quote, bind, and manage complex insurance products including Representations & Warranties Insurance, Tax Liability Insurance, and Contingent Liability Insurance on behalf of our insurance partners. Our underwriting team is comprised of highly experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds in the insurance, M&A, finance and private equity fields.
VALE Insurance Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Highly competitive salary & bonus, as well as excellent benefits.