Tax Liability Insurance reduces or eliminates the risk associated with a particular tax treatment or position. VALE’s Tax Liability Insurance product is a custom policy that is tailored to provide specific protection to Insureds against specified losses arising from the successful challenge by a taxing authority of a covered tax position.
VALE’s Tax Liability Insurance can provide solutions for:
- Tax issues arising during M&A transaction (S-Corp status, NOLs, basis step-up, etc.)
- Restructurings and spin-offs
- Real estate transactions
- Tax credits (energy, historic, etc.)
Coverage can be customized for buyers or sellers and put in place before, during, or after a transaction.
Our underwriting team has the expertise to lead the arrangement of Tax Liability solutions for transactions across many different industries, deal sizes, and structures.
All claims are handled by the underwriting insurance carrier. Please refer to your policy on how best to submit a claim or obtain a claim status.
VALE underwrites Tax Liability policies on behalf of highly rated insurance carriers with outstanding credit quality
- Up to $50 million per policy Limit
- Lead placements with exposures up to $500 million+
- Focus on U.S. tax risks
- Reduces or eliminates the need for a specific indemnity to allocate risk between parties
- Defines exposure for identified tax issues even when no clear guidance from taxing authority
- Assurance of a credit-worthy payor if tax position successfully challenged
To learn more about VALE’s Tax Liability Insurance products you can reach us in our offices at 212-247-6160 or feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com. We’d be happy to answer your questions.